Our client, a Game Development Company in the iGaming indsutry, is hiring a hands-on Senior Data Engineer with a passion for data to work alongside other talented engineers. This is a remote role within Europe.
You will work with your team members delivering elegant solutions and troubleshooting difficult problems. You will get to work with massive data sets and apply the latest data technologies on a fast, leading edge platform.
- Solve challenging technical problems within highly distributed event driven environments
- Handle server-side development of distributed applications
- Develop pipelines for the client’s Data Platform
- Write clear, efficient, tested code
- Contributing to code reviews and solution design
- Contribute to evolution of standards and design patterns
- Continuous improvement of the tools and processes used by the team
Skills & Qualifications;
- Strong experience with Java / Python
- Ideally experience with:
- SQL and Scala
- Kafka, Google Pub/Sub, CDC, Dataflow, Airflow
- DB2, BigQuery, BigTable, Mongodb, Couchdb
- Cloud Platform: Google, AWS
- Track record of developing technology to enable large scale data processing
- Agile software design principles and build processes
- Excellent organisation, communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work both collaboratively and with limited supervision
- Can deliver results within set deadlines
Next steps: Apply with your CV and we will contact you soon!