Senior Backend Engineer - Sportsbook Platform
A leading international brand is on the lookout for Java Developers with experience in Sports Betting. My client is building a new Sports Betting platform to target the US market following the recent legalization. This is a space where we will see massive growth in the coming years, now is a great opportunity to jump on board and be a part of the core team!
My client is looking for a senior backend engineer to join their rapidly growing product and technology teams in Austin, Texas. As a senior backend engineer, you will be one of the technical leaders on the team. The role requires an individual who is technically talented, able to contribute quality code, and is passionate about sports. You will be responsible for the quality, scope, and timeliness of all your deliverables. Because they operate with a start-up mindset, they will be relying on your technical skill, as well as your passion and ownership over all aspects of your work.
My client is looking for an engineer who is willing to tackle problems with innovative ideas and quality technical implementations. They believe the perfect candidate isn’t interested in just what’s being built right now but wants to understand where they are going and how it impacts the customer to ensure everything, they create moves them closer to their goal, which is to deliver the best customer experience.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Degree in computer science, a related field, or equivalent work experience (7+ years)
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Extensive experience with Java and Python
- Extensive experience with reactive programming (ex, Akka, Spring Reactive)
- A deep understanding of AWS Cloud technologies and how to create scalable multi-region applications
- Experience with the following technologies:
- AWS Serverless and serverless-supported languages
- SQL and NoSQL experience (ex, MySQL, Cassandra, DynamoDB)
- Streaming technologies (Amazon Kinesis, Kafka)
- Message Queues (SQS, RabbitMQ, ActiveMQ)
- Comfort working within an agile development cycle and exposure to:
- Linux development
- Git and versioning software
- Build systems (Maven, SBT, Gradle, etc) and common build patterns
- Extensive experience with containerization (Docker, Kubernetes, etc)
- Extensive experience with Micro-Service architectures
- Experience working in Sports Betting would be ideal!
What is on offer?
On offer is not just a competitive compensation. The team benefits include:
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Flexible vacation allowance
- Flexible work from home or office hours
- A start-up culture backed by a secure, global brand
- Opportunity to build products enjoyed by millions as part of a passionate team
My client is an equal opportunity employer. They celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.