Our client is a new mobile point of sale platform and payment aggregator, enabling businesses to perform all of the necessary actions to carry out a standard electronic transaction. The platform also accepts a multitude of different payment methods using a web and app-based technology platform.
Our client is developing a ground-breaking product with their customers at the core. They want everyone who joins them in this remarkable adventure to have the autonomy to masterfully develop their expertise.
You will work in a varied team: some of them are graduates, some never went to University, some have startup experience, whilst others come from corporates and consultancy firms.
To be successful in this role, you should have previous experience working as a Java/Kotlin/PL/pgSQL engineer: building secure, resilient, and scalable REST based services.
- Becoming a key contributor in our dynamic and tightly-knit engineering team.
- Involving yourself across all modules of our core systems: backend systems, APIs, and the tools/technologies that keep everything humming.
- Collaborating with product team to cultivate secure and efficient platform services.
- Assisting solutions architects/engineering leads in the planning of wider features.
- Designing and creating scalable, modular services which can be used effectively by other members of the engineering team.
- Coding with Vert.x, JAX-RS, Kotlin, PL/pgSQL, configuring GraphQL endpoints via PostGraphile and deploying in Docker containers.
- Provide an effective role model for engineering colleagues, mentoring and coaching to improve the overall capability of the team and products.
- Working with front-end engineers to connect app features to mid-layer and backend services.
- Respecting data security as an important part of the role.
- Striving to improve the platform with high quality code and great testing.
- Engaging in sprint planning with the product team, committing to timely execution of features, and prioritising within sprints where necessary.
- Collaborating with senior members of staff and the business development team to demonstrate test builds of a given feature.
- Contributing to the construction and shipping of a world-class product, achieving a high standard of quality in the process.
- Championing security, scalability, and resilience throughout the organisation.
- You have plenty of strong, relevant software engineering experience.
- You have experience in and love programming in Java/Kotlin/ PL/ pgSQL.
- You enjoy supporting front-end teams in connecting application features to mid-layer and backend services via REST/GraphQL.
- You enjoy working in an engineering team committed to agile development, working in sprints to achieve the best results.
- You have a good grasp of the fundamentals of computer science and an excellent working knowledge of industry standard tools (including Git).
- You have experience in solving problems independently, referring solutions where required to wider stakeholders.
- You are an overachiever who has a strong orientation for results beyond just great ideas.
- You have entrepreneurial DNA: flexible to changes, eager to learn, proactive to act, resilient to failure, and persistent in making impact.
Apply with your CV and I'll get in touch soon