The client, a multinational corporation in iGaming, is looking for Senior Backend Engineer in Portugal who will be motivated, results-driven, and enjoy working in a team environment.
Work permit in EU.
• Becoming a key contributor in our dynamic and involving yourself across all modules of our core systems: backend systems, API’s, and the tools/technologies that keep everything running.
• Collaborating with the product team to cultivate secure and efficient platform services
• Assisting solutions architects/engineering leads in the planning of wider features.
• Designing and creating scalable, modular services which can be used effectively by other members of the engineering team.
• Provide an effective role model for engineering colleagues, mentoring and coaching to improve the overall capability of the team and products.
• Working with front-end engineers to connect app features to mid-layer and backend services.
• Respecting data security as an important part of the role.
• Striving to improve the platform with high quality code and great testing.
• Collaborating with senior members of staff and the business development team to demonstrate test builds of a given feature.
• Contributing to the construction and shipping of a world-class product, achieving a high standard of quality in the process.
• At least 5 years of experience as a Backend Engineer.
• Gaming experience preference.
• Knowledge in programming languages – Java, sql/plsql, scala.
• Knowledge to work with Oracle and other databases ( PostgreSQL, Ignite, ELK, Hive Hadoop).
• Experience to work with application servers as jre (springboot and micronaot), jetty, tomcat, glassfish, wildfly and node.js.
• Ability to present complex information with clear recommendations.
• Knowledge with development environments as DBeaver, sql developer and balsamiq.
• Strong customer focus mentality with strong communication skills.
• Problem solver with a can-do attitude.
Company Benefits Package.
• Competitive salary
• Mentorship program with training environment
• Inclusive team
• Flexible work schedule