The banking system is evolving to give consumers the transparency, control and financial well being they deserve. In a world where technology can change how we live for the better, there is no reason to be burdened by legacy systems, bureaucracy and out dated approaches.
We’re fast, curious and ambitious. We are on a fearless adventure to change financial services for consumers and we value ownership, initiative and leadership. We want innovators, and that means maintaining an environment where they can flourish.
About the job
- Providing advice and review for our IT and development teams on security topics.
- Code review and exploitation, in Kotlin, Python, Java, Golang, Rust and others.
- Cloud security reviews and exploitation - GCP experience preferred, but we can teach you.
- Setting up automated security scanning and probing systems.
- Acting as a source of expertise and advice during incidents.
- Investigation of potential security threats and incidents.
- Running tabletop incident response exercises and putting the lessons learned into practice.
- Interacting with internal and external stakeholders and our vendors to enforce and improve our security posture.
- Devising and managing the implementation of effective countermeasures to frustrate attacks.
- Devising and managing scanners and automated security tools to improve our security.
- Join a fearless adventure, where your opinion and input is highly contributional
- Work in a fast paced, growing company where you will be empowered to succeed
- An environment where you can challenge and be challenged
- You will be surrounded by a multidisciplinary group of experts
- Competitive salary & benefits
To be successful
- You will need to be proactive and bright, able to build effective systems quickly and correctly, act on your own initiative and help grow the team and both yours and our capabilities at considerable speed
- You’ll need to be fluent in Java, have good English language skills, and hold a good degree in a numerate subject from a leading University. Higher degrees would be an advantage
- You will require a good working knowledge of operational and IT security, security engineering and cryptography
- Previous operational and IT security experience would be highly desirable as would previous practical experience with computer security
- Working in a small team, you will be at the coal-face of improving BigPay’s security posture and practice, in a regulated organization that takes security seriously
- You will need to be an established security professional, preferably with the qualifications that come with the job. A good degree in a numerate subject is desirable but not essential
- You will need to be fluent in most modern programming languages and in contemporary exploit techniques from social engineering on up