Overall purpose of role
To provide a service to the wider Sales teams that creates the best possible customer outcomes and experience along with value driving activity for Sales Enablement. The role holder will work alongside multiple areas that could include Account Development and Corporate Payments to deliver these key results.
Account Development Support
- This element could include clients from across Account Development and specialist units such as Franchise models.
- Co-ordinate introductions from the wider business and group if suitable.
- Proactively manage customer operational issues / request for information / MI – taking ownership and ensuring delivery.
- Assist with development of and revisions to Customer Relationship Plan.
- Monitor level of customer service and satisfaction based on CSAT and internal satisfaction surveys.
- Arrange and undertake product presentations where appropriate, e.g. DCC, Prepaid cards, MTU and Contactless.
- Prepare information for and attend customer meetings as appropriate.
- Undertake service reviews and make recommendations to Account Development Managers for areas of improvement.
- May be required to act as a product champion, liaising with representatives from other internal teams to provide expertise in their area.
- Preparation and implementation of strategic sales campaigns, business development or initiatives.
- Determine the products that most effectively meet customer need and be able to sell, at short notice, on a proactive and reactive basis to support the Account Development Support team target.
Stakeholder Management and Leadership
- Develop and maintain own contacts with customers to act as a principal point of contact.
- Work with the Account Development Manager to identify potential new business development opportunities within an organisational structure and maintain database of such opportunities.
Risk and Control Objective
Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Policies and Policy Standards.
Essential Skills/Basic Qualifications:
- Full and extensive knowledge of Payment Solutions.
- Thorough, detailed knowledge of Payment Solutions business and operational/sales structures and processes.
- Working knowledge of the card acquiring schemes, their drivers, industry dynamics interchange and future product/service deliverables.
- In-depth knowledge of the card acquiring industry and competitor solutions.
- An up-to-date knowledge of industry related technical development.
- Thorough knowledge of the Business to Business sector.
- Fully aware of industry trends (UK and overseas).
- On regular occasions, challenging deadlines will require a flexible approach to working.
- The role requires a high level of interpersonal skills demonstrated by good oral and written communication and a team player who is friendly and confident when dealing with customers and Sales colleagues.