A global media and technology company specializing in sports betting content and data is looking to add a software engineer to the team. With over 500 staff, and operating multiple award-winning B2C brands, you have the opportunity to join the global B2B division providing sports betting and fantasy sports content, media partnerships, & much more.'
Whilst headquartered in New York, we are considering candidates across all states.
Working within our development team, the role will be responsible for the greenfield development, testing, and deployment of our custom web platform, taking into consideration the importance of security, performance, scalability, and observability. We're looking for an experienced PHP developer to work on our new backend platform using modern technologies. This person will be responsible for the development of new services and be accountable for the overall success of deliveries, including analysis and design, development, deployment, optimization, and day-to-day operations. The role also gives the opportunity to shape the technology used going forward.
- Support the build of our websites using PHP/ Laravel/ VueJS
- Responsibility for the interaction of backend services with both each other and dependent frontends that will allow us to maintain a platform of capability for our websites
- Gain an understanding of our infrastructure set-up, and use AWS to host and maintain our sites
- Demonstrable understanding and experience of PHP and Laravel.
- Strong understanding of modern containerisation strategies.
- Experience with git source control.
- Considerable hands-on experience developing services for backend APIs
- Self-motivated and happy to ask questions of team members when they’re stuck on a problem.
- Experience with React and/or React Native
- Knowledge of best practice in database implementation, SQL
- Understanding of efficient caching strategies.
- Familiarity with AWS Services and Systems
We are looking for people who share an affinity for our values:
Trust is Everything
We are One Team
We are Focused but Flexible
Our goal is Excellence
If you feel aligned to these values, we would love to hear from you. You can either apply to this job posting or send your resume directly to Dennis DeNeui at email@example.com