My client has an immediate vacancy for a Linux/Maria DB System Administrator, the candidate’s primary role is to be responsible for the security and performance of the company's server infrastructure in Malta.
This is an opportunity to join the development team of a creative, fast-growing, profitable, independent software company in the igaming space that is growing rapidly this year.
- Authorize, Co-ordinate and oversee all hardware and software updates on the company's Malta server infrastructure
- Ensure the security of the companies Malta server infrastructure
- Responsibility for monitoring and reporting on system/database performance on a daily basis
- Monitor and action all software updates - specifically in regard to auditing and pretesting the potential performance impact of any software or infrastructure update
- Ensure endpoint and network security;
- Ensure that procedures with respect to the company’s business continuity and disaster recovery are always up to date.
- Design and implement resilient infrastructure and improve the resilience of current infrastructure;
- Perform system maintenance and system upgrades including routine updates, service packs, patches, hot fixes, and security configurations;
- Monitor performance and ensure system availability and reliability;
- Monitor system resource localisation, trending and perform capacity planning;
- Troubleshoot and provide support to resolve issues;
- Work with the development teams to migrate current and future products to the cloud;
- Select and implement security tools, policies, and procedures in line with industry standards;
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities;
- Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution;
- Respond to system incidents on a 24/7 basis.
- Linux system performance tuning, specifically as relates to MySQL database installations
- Auditing DB structures, queries, configurations, and operating parameters and making tuning recommendations based on resultant data
- 5+ years’ experience in a similar role
- You will have experience in Linux server management such as user profile maintenance, security management and performance
- Be experienced with SQL and general Database management particular with regard to maximising performance- specific knowledge of MYSQL/mariaDB a massive advantage
- Have strong spoken and written communication skills in English
- Be able to manage database backups/restores
- Be an analytical individual with a good problem-solving attitude
- Be willing and able to visit the UK office when required. Most likely once per month. Travel and accommodation paid for by the company.
Some basic understanding of java - such that can review developers code updates to assess any potential impacts on system stability, performance, availability etc
Certification/Qualifications in both Linux system management, database management and optimization and/or system security.