My client is on lookout for a top-class Senior Scala Developer who is hugely passionate about designing, coding and creating robust, scalable, and secure systems. As a member of this world class team, you will need strong software engineering skills and excellent interpersonal communication.
- Design and develop maintainable and reusable software
- Implement automated testing and unit tests
- Collaborate closely with back-end and front-end engineers to develop new and maintain existing systems
- Work autonomously with little or no supervision
- Creating database schemas to support business requirements
- Integrate user-facing elements developed by front-end developers with server-side logic
- Optimize applications to obtain maximum throughput and scalability
- Participate in code and design reviews to maintain our high development standards
- Managing hosting environments, including basic database administration and scaling of application to support load changes
Skills and Qualifications
An ideal profile:
- 1st class Degree in Computer Science
- You must really know Scala and love it
- Strong knowledge of basic algorithms and data structures
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to troubleshoot operational issues
- Ability to write and optimize SQL and display an understanding of relational databases
- Is able to work autonomously
- Is passionate about coding and loves to learn and share new concepts and techniques.
- Can work in a flat organisation where ideas (rather than people) ‘win’ at the end of the day.
- Can write functional code and understands the benefits of immutability.
- Gets excited upon hearing about Event Sourcing, Microservices and Actors!
- Is not fixated with a particular language/technology but rather with the underlying concepts and ideas.
- Is eager to collaborate with other smart people to create an amazing casino product.