My client is an online casino technology and services company with offices in several locations globally. They are looking to hire into their global distributed team.
They need a server-side focused Mid level Java developer to help them improve their core platform services.
If you can help them build a next generation system they’re interested in talking to you.
What you already have:
- An expertise in the Java language (3-5 years experience)
- Exposure to at least one other JVM based language
- The ability to write raw SQL beyond just simple select statements (1 year minimum)
- Familiarity with automated testing
- Good interpersonal skills and a great team attitude
- The ability to quickly learn new things and adapt
What they’d like you to have in an ideal world:
- Some experience with Scala and its ecosystem such as Play and Akka
- Familiarity with Java Servlets, because there’s always legacy code
- A working knowledge of functional programming and its advantages
- An understanding of asynchronous/reactive programming
- Exposure to integrating third party APIs
- Experience in performance profiling and tuning Java applications
- Some experience with PHP as some parts of our system are written in it
- A small company, can-do ethos
- They focus on getting stuff done, not on process or management hierarchy
- A distributed workforce but communicating regularly
- Sharing expertise and learning from others to keep improving as a team
- A flexible working schedule
- Remote work
- Adding new features to the existing platform
- Adding new integrations to the existing platform
- Working with the rest of the team to migrate the platform to a new architecture and technology stack based around Scala + Akka.
- Developing services to support websites and administration UI, working with front end developers as necessary
- Diagnosing and fixing production issues
- Taking part in code reviews
- Not being phased by the strange variety of things that need doing in a small growing company
- Being proactive and not just waiting to be told the next thing to do
- Finding better ways that we can get things done