A exciting opportunity from our client has opened up whom are seeking an IT Project Manager to oversee a portfolio of projects for their online app requirements as well as retail requirements.
This Project Manager is expected to take responsibility for the management of teams that will design and create fast, reliable, secure and highly usable applications.
This vacancy will include working with teams of design, infrastructure, development, architect as well as database specialists.
He / she will assume full responsibility for the general direction, implementation, coordination, execution, control and completion of specific projects ensuring consistency with company strategy, commitments and goals in mind.
Core Job Responsibilities
- You will work closely with management to better understand the business requirements for their projects, developing working relationships in an effective manner and ongoing management procedures for their projects.
- Define, outline and manage changes in the project scope, their goals and deliverables, resource requirements and work planning for the projects, managing project dependencies as well as critical path and success criteria.
- Work across the entire development department to lead the project team and ensure that all development projects are delivered within the timescales and to the quality expected.
- Direct and manage project development from beginning to end. Entire lifecycle.
- Ensure that the project is delivered within the financial requirements and the expected timeframe of the Business.
- Push and drive industry leading standards and best practices across all projects, using appropriate tools where required.
- Manage, monitor and motivate the cross functional team assigned to the project, including internal team members, external consultant and suppliers.
- All reporting, including project progress, risks & issues analysis, Ad-hoc reporting
- Where required, negotiate with other department managers for the acquisition of required personnel from within the company.
- Develop, create and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, and presentations.
- Complete package of coaching, mentoring, motivating and supervising the project team members and contractors, and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work.
- Conduct project post mortems and create a recommendations report in order to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements.
Requirements of this role:
- A proven career history of successful project delivery within the Web and mobile development areas.
- Experience of an online environment within a 24/7 business.
- Team management experience and capability
- Excellent stakeholder management and interaction confidence
- Experience of the whole project life cycle, gained within complex enterprise environments with proven track record.
- Experienced using MS Project, Visio, Jira and similar management tools.
- Ability and confidence to select and apply most appropriate project methodology to the situation.
- The ability to foster motivation within the project team to meet tight deadlines.
- Have a strong impact and be able to influence key decisions.
- Open to working additional hours may be required in order to meet project deadlines.
- Willingness to travel may be required for the purpose of meeting with stakeholders, or off-site personnel/management.