A very established and well known Pentasia partner is looking to hire an Information Security Engineer with an analytical mind and a detailed understanding of cybersecurity methodologies. The Security Engineer will also act as a role model to the rest of the Security Operations team.
THE JOB AT HAND:
- You will need to display an excellent understanding of technology infrastructures using Firewalls, VPN, Data Loss Prevention, IDS/IPS, Web-Proxy, and Security Audits.
- Top candidates will be comfortable working with a variety of technologies, security problems, and troubleshooting of the network.
THE CHALLENGE AHEAD:
- Planning, implementing, managing, monitoring and upgrading security measures for the protection of the organisation's data, systems and networks
- Troubleshooting security infrastructure and network-related problems and implementing appropriate security controls
- Responding to all system and/or network security breaches
- Participating in the change management process
- Leading the effort of identification and testing of network and system vulnerabilities
- Daily administrative tasks, reporting and communication with the relevant departments in the organization
- Develop tools to aid and automate vulnerability management programs and increase the effectiveness of penetration testing
- Review and audit systems and configurations for common security vulnerabilities
AN IDEAL PROFILE MAY LOOK LIKE:
- Similar role experience throughout career
- Experience with Firewalls (functionality and maintenance), Office 365 Security, VSX and Endpoint Security
- Proficiency in any of the following: Python, JS, Node, Go and/or Powershell.Great awareness of cybersecurity trends and hacking techniques
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Strong attention to detail with an analytical mind and outstanding problem-solving skills
- To act as a T2 support for incident management and on-call
- Knowledge / Experience of DevSecOps (security as code) - considered as an asset
- A degree in Computer Science, IT, Systems Engineering or a related industry qualification (such as CISSP, CISM) - considered as an asset