My client is currently recruiting for a remote CTO. They are a very large Asian based operator that is looking to build and develop their own gaming & sports betting platform.
The ideal candidate will have had experience in undertaking this type of project previously and understand how and what is required to undertake such a project.
This would be a remote based role, with some travel when required, and would also entail planning, hiring, and managing the required team members to achieve the result.
A very attractive package would be offered to the candidate selected for this role.
Scope of the Role:
You would be responsible for leading the platform technology function, comprising software development, technical operation, and infrastructure. The role will deliver product and stable infrastructure in a fast paced, technology focused gambling environment. As a member of the senior leadership team, you would be involved in all areas of business strategy and responsible for the ongoing alignment of technical delivery and operations.
- Lead technical strategic development to achieve current and future goals
- Lead and develop the members of the technology team
- Develop a succession plan within the technology team, including the development of a talent pipeline
- Represent technology at senior leadership level including setting and implementing business strategy
- Implement technologies and processes that aid technical efficiency (e.g., performance, stability, resilience, redundancy, and scalability and service quality)
- Ensure new products are fit for purpose, delivered as per requirements, on time and to budget
- Ensure system and development performance is monitored and enhanced
Required knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- A background of software development and track record of complex software delivery.
- A strong enough technical background to command the respect of the technology team, but with a clear customer focus and commercial awareness.
- Experience building and managing international software development teams responsible for commercial-quality software product delivery
- Experience managing teams working in wide ranging technologies including C# and Java.
- Experience working in an Agile software development structure with teams spread globally
- Demonstrated experience and proficiency architecting and developing functional, scalable, and secure large-scale software systems across multiple platforms
- Extensive experience integrating multiple 3rd-party software platforms and managing technical relationships
- Expert knowledge of thick- and thin-client/server and web-based development issues
- Strong knowledge of TCP/IP-based networking protocols
- Previous iGaming and/or sports betting domain experience