An exciting i-Gaming business is looking to hire a Regulatory Counsel. Reporting to the General Counsel, the main duties include;
- providing expert advice on specific and complex gaming matters in countries of interest.
- drafting of legal and regulatory analyses and risk assessments.
- facilitating compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- preparing regulatory, licensing and compliance documents.
- developing and maintaining relationships with national and international regulatory authorities.
- producing simple and actionable interpretations of the rules applicable for each business unit.
- taking the lead as Project Manager for regulatory projects from beginning to end, as well as implementing a compliance project.
- producing and reviewing regular reporting submitted by/to gaming authorities.
- carrying out projects related to the regulatory scope (Sports Ethics, Responsible Gaming, Anti-Money-Laundering, data protection).
- managing external law firms and ensuring firms comply with pre-agreed fee estimates
- providing legal training to trainees and internal stakeholders
- coaching, supervising and motivate junior members of the Legal team
- drafting, negotiating, and reviewing contractual agreements relating to commercial matters, insurance, corporate and other company business activities.
Qualifications and skills required:
- qualified solicitor (1 -2 PQE).
- experience dealing directly with regulators.
- ability to work on various projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- high levels of initiative, pragmatism and common sense.
- curiosity with a keenness to innovate, improve processes and drive efficiencies.
- ability to work both independently and in a team.
- inspire respect and confidence with internal and external contacts.
- attention to detail.
- literate and fluent in English; other European languages also useful.
A competitive salary and package is on offer.