Multinational Gaming company is looking to hire a QA Technical Leader as a permanent addition to the team.
You will work closely with the QA Managers, Architects and Tech Leads to drive and maintain technical test solutions for the company. To provide knowledge and expertise to support the software development Lifecyle, improving the quality and efficiency of the products from development to live.
Research and Development:
Test tool investigation and implementation. Keeps up to date with all software advancements and updates that may affect our software and knows the implications. eg. SQL upgrades, Appium updates Should know the best practices - industry wide Advises and Implements industry's best suited test tools. Keeps up to date with industry's test tools advancements, and implements these. Test Automation - Maintains up to date with automation industry advancements and implements these.
Provides Test Solutions:
Analyzes and Maintains inter dependencies of software updates between systems or teams. Understanding database/web/code design and efficiencies and best practices. Suggesting new tools and implementing new tools. Researches industry trends and technologies, feeds back to the team and implements advances in the team. Understanding multiple platform architectures and intergration points. Considers the big picture From an Enterprise level.
Provides guidance to internal and external teams within the area (domain/functional). Attends technical and architectural discussions/design sessions to provide input. Provides technical solutions. Offers trouble shooting assistance
Support & Delivery:
Usage of Test Tool documented appropriately Guides and provides support to other team members on tool usage. Reviews test plan or strategy and recommends required test coverage. Verifies the required testing at an enterprise level. Shares test automation expertise, creates and uses the automation tools and automation tests Software Version control is adhered to. Test trouble shooting, Issue identification and root cause analysis. Follow up on all issues raised - communicates with developers and other stakeholders Verify Logs, traces and data confirmation during test execution. Complete final Test Verification and Review for sign off. Reusable and consistent data creation and management. Involved in white box testing and debugging code
Ensure Environment is available for testing and both internal and external pre requisites for Testing met Continuous Environment monitoring and necessary trouble shooting of issues done. Environment improvements logged and communicated to stakeholders. Gap analysis between the testing and production environments. Check installation notes to ensure all relevant and detailed information, paths, correct scripts, versions and packages are ready to be deployed. Follows the deployment checklist as documented for software installation. Monitor builds and releases ensuring they have the correct versioning From the correct code branches. Verifies and compares final Release From all previous releases to ensure all code changes (including branch merges) are included and tested
Coaching and Mentoring:
Provide guidance to less experienced team members on technical aspects where required Support team members career and growth aspirations Support team members with any concerns/issues both inside and outside of the office Mentoring/Coaching of less experienced members of the team
- Understanding of the full life cycle software development process and ability to follow technical designs and specifications.
- Experience of working on a variety of projects
- A strong academic background (formal qualification, HND, Degree or equivalent experience)
- Proven track record in optimisation of processes within a relevant field
- Demonstrable programming and scripting experience
- Experience with continuous integration and delivery
- Working knowledge of deployment tools such as Octopus and WebDeploy
- Experience of using NuGet and SonarQube
- Experience using Octopus/ Git/ Jira / Azure Devops/ TestRail
- Extensive experience in web and mobile automation testing
- Proficient in building automation frameworks from scratch in C# or Java
- High level of understanding on industry-wide quality, TDD/BDD/ATDD, agile testing processes and practices, tools and techniques.
Apply with your CV and I'll get in touch soon.