The Team Leader is a responsible for testing development projects of varying size and complexity. The Team Leader is responsible for being a part of development lifecycle, directing, organizing and controlling the project activities, under the guidance of the Software development director.
The Team Leader is responsible for controlling the test lifecycle from beginning to end. This may include anything from attending meetings and taking minutes, to receiving project documents and compiling a summary that includes a project plan, target date and list of responsibilities and responsible person.
- Design test plans, procedures, scenarios, and scripts to accurately assess new products or software updates according to customer requirements and company policies.
- Develop testing protocol for various aspects, such as usability, database impact, error and bug finding, regression testing, and implementation scenarios.
- Identify, analyze and create detailed records of problems that appear during testing, such as software defects, bugs, functionality issues, and output errors, and work directly with software developers to find solutions and develop retesting procedures.
- Track problems, resolutions, and bug fixes throughout testing and create a comprehensive database of defects and successful mitigation techniques.
- Create detailed, step-by-step documentation of test procedures for each phase or project as needed to ensure replicability, compliance with standards, and growth of company knowledge base.
- Communicate clearly and effectively with test personnel, users, developers, and clients to facilitate quick resolution of problems and accurate documentation of successes.
- Provide frequent feedback to developers, including recommendations for improvements, evaluation of problems, potential solutions, and discussion of further test requirements.
- Design and implement automated testing tools when possible, and update tools as needed to ensure currency and accuracy.
Skills & Qualifications
- Relevant work experience
- Excellent time-management skills and commitment to meet deadlines
- Proficiency with database technology (e.g. Oracle, SQL) and programing languages (e.g. Java)
- Preferred: Well-rounded experience with multiple operating systems, Web technologies, and test environments
Next Steps: Apply with your CV and we will contact you soon!