Our client, a global supplier of industry leading casino content, fast and flexible gaming systems, and turnkey social gaming, is looking for a QA Engineer.
This role would join the growing global based team where the successful candidate will enjoy working in a dynamic, fast-paced and exciting environment using the latest technologies. You will be comfortable working within a creative and an agile development environment on a wide variety of exciting products and features, reacting to constantly evolving and rapidly expanding markets.
You should be passionate about quality with a proactive mindset. You will also need to work successfully in a fast-paced environment across many different platforms.
You will be working closely with developers, project managers, and other stakeholders throughout the Software Development Life Cycle. This will require key skills to write test cases, assess what to automate and to help drive the team to deliver on time. The individual should have an understanding of Software Development Life Cycle processes and the QA lifecycle and methodology.
Excellent spoken and written English is critical as you will be required to communicate with line managers, colleagues and occasionally large multinational clients.
Description of Job Responsibilities:
- Working within a squad, implementing test policies and strategies for testing, directed by the QA Manager. Both manual and automated
- Create both manual and automated tests to cover all levels of the test pyramid.
- Support the team in understanding test estimates for planning, and provide metric analysis and reports on the quality of product being produced.
- Collaboration with developers, stakeholders and Product to ensure transparent communication.
- Delivery of solutions according to business requirements.
- Driving best practices in all aspects of testing and software development. Mentoring junior team members.
The ideal candidate must also have the following qualities:
- Strong knowledge of software testing and test methodologies
- Experience with online gaming on both web and mobile platforms.
- Strong working experience with Java based automation testing tools like Cucumber JVM, JBehave, Selenium or similar.
- Experience with BDD methodology and Gherkin Language
- Experience of testing applications using SQL databases
- Experience testing mobile applications for IOS / Android etc.
- Acute attention to detail
- Experience and aptitude in creating test scripts cases and then automating appropriate tests into new or existing frameworks.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Able to prioritise according to client and commercial needs
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Actively challenge, encourage and champion better quality standards.
- Experience using issue tracking systems (e.g. JIRA / Bugzilla / Mantis)
- Good knowledge of different phases of test life cycle
- Strong logical / analytical skills
- Ability to work in a team as well as independently
The following skills/experience would be beneficial
Experience within the online gambling gaming industry (Preferred, not essential)
ISEB/ISTQB certificate in software testing (Preferred, not essential)
Experience testing mobile applications for IOS / Android etc.
This role may require a small amount of travel to the offices in London or Sofia.
Next steps: Apply with your CV and we will contact you soon!