- Knowledge of IT, infrastructure and deployment processes.
- Keep abreast of new developments/technology that could be utilised by the organisation to retain its competitive advantage. Software Development
- Develop and implement software modules under the instruction of the Head of Product Design, Design Team Lead, UI/UX team or POs.
- Maintenance, bug fixing and enhancement of existing prototype software.
- Write and maintain technical documentation of both proposed and existing prototype software.
- Testing of software planned and implemented during prototyping phase.
- Able to translate visual mock-ups/storyboards accurately into useable, web-based components.
- Web-based software development/programming abilities in relevant technologies.
- Ability to connect to APIs and translate the results into data driven prototypes.
- Able to understand and apply relevant new technologies.
- Understanding and working knowledge of mobile devices, their operating systems and interfaces.
- Understand the full cycle of the software development process.
- Ability to build multiple variants of features under AB hooks to allow for user testing.
Coaching & Mentoring
- Ability to provide guidance to less skilled team members.
- Peer reviews code written by other prototype engineers along with the ability to give constructive, concise feedback.
- Ability to work alone or as part of a team.
- Experience of/or good understanding of iterative/agile (e.g. SCRUM) and more traditional (e.g. Waterfall) methodologies.
- Good knowledge and practical experience of source control tools such as SVN, Git etc.
- Good understanding of the Angular and other development frameworks.
- Good working knowledge of the Adobe Suite incl. Photoshop, Illustrator, XD etc
- Accurately translate designs through the relevant creative program within the Adobe suite.