As Project Manager you will be responsible for executing and delivering complex technology projects containing multiple, interrelated efforts to achieve the company’s business initiatives. You will use your strong interpersonal skills to identify and engage with project stakeholders and then manage all ongoing communications to ensure all are kept informed at an appropriate level. You will also be responsible for identifying and analyzing project opportunities, performing risk management, determining the project execution approach, estimating project scope and timelines, preparing time/resource estimates, and facilitating project meetings and execution. However this role is not solely focused on project delivery; you will assist with introducing and promoting the use and adherence to industry Project Management Methodology/Framework standards, policies, procedures, and best practices across the field. This includes steering the development teams towards becoming self organised and creating high-value products, and guiding business analysts in working efficiently in an agile environment.
Therefore, we are looking for someone with the following profile: credibility, creative problem-solver, tolerance for ambiguity, flexible management style, proactive, and effective communications skills.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Research the impact of a project on other areas of the business and plan for mitigation or elimination of identified risks
- Establishes project requirements, priorities, deadlines , and team structure
- Conduct competitive analysis and perform benchmark studies
- Support the product sponsor to produce & prioritize the product/project backlog for development and estimation
- Gain the commitment of those responsible for making required decisions regarding functionality and behaviors of a proposed IT solution throughout the lifecycle of a project
- Select the most appropriate project execution methodology for a change initiative (Agile, Waterfall, Hybrid)
- Ensure valid and accurate metrics are produced across all disciplines (quality of stories, quality of development, completion of committed stories, etc.)
- Drive Story Grooming, Sprint Planning, and Execution
- Oversee end-to-end testing and manage key issues with business and operations partners
- Manage stakeholder expectations and communication
- Build and reinforce relationships with stakeholders through the whole project chain, as well as with other teams
- Ensure projects are well defined, aligned to business goals, well documented and appropriately reported
Knowledge & Experience:
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent combined with 3+ years of experience in project management
- Experience in managing IT related projects, from start (initiation) to end (implementation and retrospective), including phases such as planning, analysis, design, development, QA and UAT
- Proven experience with various software delivery methodologies, including Waterfall and Agile (e.g. Scrum)
- Programming experience is a big plus (any language)
- A history of leading and supporting successful projects, using various methods, such as PRINCEII/PMP, Agile, DSDM and/or SCRUM.
- A thorough understanding of project management, change management, business process management.
- Knowledge of sports betting and sports data feed providers is preferable
- Knowledge of ISO27001 control requirements would be hugely beneficial