Product Owner – Settlements, Enterprise Payments Platform
Our client is a well known card issuer who has been tasked with the core goal of creating a common Enterprise Payment Platform. The team will work with the Business Technology group to develop, test and implement new and improved transaction processing application requirements. They will also align policy and processes where applicable.
This Product Owner role within Infrastructure Services is responsible for participating in infrastructure system development, including analysis and gathering of all relevant information as input to user story workshops for Settlement and Pricing platforms, interacting with other cross functional areas like Data Services, Reporting, and the User Interface. This has both an inward and outward facing responsibility and is critical in ensuring the common understanding of what is being delivered. The role includes business analysis, backlog grooming, operational readiness and substantial collaboration with the Payment Services business and technology partners. This role is heavily reliant on communication across participants and management, agile (SAFe) methodologies, payments industry knowledge and trends. The focus of this role will be on Settlement Transaction Processing and Pricing processes.
- Collaborate with Product Manager and other Product Owners to provide subject matter input in User Story development
- Provide subject matter information to the Product Managers for roadmap development / modification
- Breakdown features into user stories
- Refine user stories with the Scrum team
- Ensure all user stories are kept up to date as design and requirements change throughout the release
- Actively monitor user stories to ensure acceptance criteria was implemented correctly
- Develop partnership relationships with Other Technical and Operational Teams and maintain working rapport with others, leveraging these relationships to meet common project milestone/goal.
- Identify Network alignment opportunities
- Provide input and support for business analysis; support development of presentation material
- Provide input and documentation for process, procedures and controls, including new and current controls maintenance
- Review and suggest test case scenarios for User Story and process testing
- Contribute in project related meetings to help drive decisions
- High learning agility and ability to come up to speed quickly on subject matter information, Agile practices and mode of operations in the project
- Excellent analytical skills with demonstrated experience
- Independent thinker. Knows what to do with minimal direction and does it, without waiting to be told
- Believes in honesty and has a positive attitude and passion towards excelling in complex situations
- Demonstrated leadership in identifying and facilitating resolution of requirement, process and project issues
- Ability to prepare clear and concise communications to internal and external business partners and senior management regarding issues and achievements
- Proven leadership to drive cross functional teams to a consensus and manage groups without direct authority
- Bachelor’s Degree and relevant experience as a Product Owner
- Extensive knowledge of the payment services industry, including operational and technical aspects
- Proficient in Agile methodology, including backlog refinement, interactive engagement with Scrum Master, SMEs and other Product Owners
- Knowledge and experience of Settlement systems
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Experience with “Rally”
What are you waiting for? Apply today!