My client, a tech company located in Malaga, Spain, that develops intuitive software for the online gaming industry is looking for a talented Principal QA Engineer to join remote OR onsite. *WHATEVER YOU PREFER*
As a Quality passionate, you will continuously monitor emerging trends in quality and will help the Engineering team in identifying which items are worth pursuing. You will promote quality assurance process improvements within a group in The Workshop based on clearly established KPIs that you will help defining.
Evaluating different alternatives and working closely with stakeholders, you will help establishing a clear vision that aims at maximising the ROI of testing activities and other quality assurance techniques. You should act as a role model and help teams embrace a more collaborative approach to quality.
What you'll do
- Unite with other Quality Architects, define and own the company quality strategy.
- Cooperate with stakeholders to improve the quality of their processes and techniques.
- Assist Senior Quality Engineers to identify improvement areas and facilitate the adoption of new techniques in their teams.
- Promote knowledge sharing between the different quality experts in the company promoting the coordination between dependent projects.
- Feed the product backlog with tasks needed.
- Organize, deliver trainings and coach Software and Quality Engineers.
- Promote professional implementation of Agile testing principles.
- Work with the different Senior Quality Engineers in order to understand and maximize the ROI of the testing activities.
- Help on defining and achieving Quality related OKRs.
What you'll bring
- High motivation, seeking a long-term career in quality.
- Deep understanding on how to apply the testing pyramid and the agile testing principles to modern software development.
- A clearly-established vision on how to provide better metrics to help management reason on the cost of quality.
- Experience working with test automation frameworks on the different testing pyramid layers.
- Experience with different approaches and phases of manual testing.
- Proven ability to initiate, recognize, and manage change.
- Problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
- Passion for continuous improvement. Critical view in current processes, always looking at how they can be improved.
- A passion for software development processes, methodologies and technologies.
- Experience dealing with Business, Management and Technology stakeholders
- Exceptional communication (oral/written) and presentation skills. Able to communicate effectively.
What's in it for you
- Inspiring and fulfilling work at the innovative, value-driven global company that uses cutting-edge tech.
- Global work experience in agile methodology.
- International, friendly and inclusive multi-cultural environment (over 35 nationalities that speak altogether almost 30 languages!).
- Attractive salary and flexible benefits package (incl. medical insurance for you and your family, life insurance, free language classes).
- Playful, accessible office in the Technology Park of Málaga with a free, private bus connection from the city centre and a range of workplace perks.
- Flexible working hours and ways of working, well-being programs, learning and growth opportunities every day.
- Relocation package for you and your family including soft-landing package services to help you settle down in Spain (if you are moving from a different city/country).
- Flexibility of working from home or in the office to stay both safe and collaborative.
- Team building events, Learning Labs, Hackathons, Designatons, and even Referathons!
- Opportunity to shape the tech community inside and outside of The Workshop, mentoring and sharing knowledge with others.
- Six weeks’ paid leave for every four years of service.
If this position has piqued your interest, then we would love to hear from you. Please send your latest CV over for consideration & I'll get in contact shortly!