Our company is really involved in the iGaming and Gambling field having close to 40 affiliate sites and 6 real money sites.
Forming part of our small development team, the mission of the Full Stack PHP Developer is to implement and maintain modern, innovative and high-performance websites which delight our end users.
- Work collaboratively as part of a cross-functional team, actively participating and contributing
- Support product discovery through implementation of prototypes and similar techniques for fast, inexpensive learning.
- Support product delivery by building, testing, and releasing production quality websites utilizing best engineering practices.
- Write code for user stories, conducting research, design and prototyping as necessary.
- Write simple, clean and secure object-oriented PHP code, with or without frameworks as appropriate for the task at hand, as well as efficient MySQL queries, with a focus on minimizing technical debt and complexity.
- Tackle complex architectural and performance challenges.
- Implement unit tests and other automated tests as appropriate.
- Refactor, optimize and improve existing code for better maintainability and scalability, and to reduce technical debt in general.
- Develop and maintain clear and complete documentation.
- Test own work with a view to minimal work items being returned for defects to be fixed.
- Provide operational support to applications and websites when so required.
- Troubleshoot, identify root causes of, and remediate complex technical issues.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Excellent written and verbal English or Italian communication skills.
- Motivated with a collaborative and growth mindset.
- Committed to a culture of trust, transparency and accountability.
- Well organized with superb attention to detail.
- Thorough understanding of the software development lifecycle.
- Has a passion for quality, and knowledge of what it takes to ship high quality code.
- Dedicated to speed of delivery without compromising quality.
- Equally comfortable developing both Backend and Frontend code.
- Experience (3+ years) in PHP, MySQL, Joomla and Wordpress is a must.
- Must know MVC programming pattern (used in Joomla components)
- Prior experience working with Apache Webserver is a must
- Must know schema.org structured data (ld-json used for Google Rich Snippets)
- Experience identifying, debugging and resolving complex production issues.
- Proactive (you will find problems or potential improvements we don't see)
- Knowledge of Linux and Unix operating systems
- iGaming industry knowledge is nice to have.
- It would be nice if you are based in an easily reachable area (we live close to Milano Malpensa, sometimes it would be nice to meet you in person for complex projects).
Next Steps: Apply with your CV and I'll get in touch soon!