Founded in 2012 our client is an online casino technology and services company with offices covering three continents. Their global team of over 550 specialists provide market-leading content, including sportsbook and over 100 leading games providers.
Operating remotely since 2012 they promote and foster a highly collaborative environment, offering complete flexibility and autonomy to our staff.
They’re looking for a PHP Full Stack Engineer to help work on the framework of our shared websites to maintain and deliver new functionality for features we are building.
- Working closely with Front End team to assist with changes that require PHP functionality
- Maintaining our custom website framework and making ad-hoc requests to specific sites
- Adding new features to the website framework and to the CMS
- Improving the performance of the websites
- Working on the development of various small internal applications as required
- Implement unit testing on new and existing code
- Diagnosing and fixing production issues
- Taking part in code reviews
- Working on developing a new CMS framework (Kirby CMS) and implementing this in headless mode with our angular frontend.
- Not being phased by the strange variety of things that need doing in a small growing company
- Being proactive and not just waiting to be told the next thing to do
- Finding better ways that we can get things done
An ideal profile will have:
- Minimum 3 years expertise in PHP
- At least 1 year of experience with Angular2
- Some experience in building solutions from scratch with only minimal requirements, to begin with
- A good visual eye for user interfaces and an instinct for creating a good user experience
- 2+ years writing raw SQL beyond just simple select statements
- Familiarity with unit/integration testing
- Good interpersonal skills and a great team attitude
- The ability to quickly learn new things and adapt
Nice to have:
- Strong knowledge of common PHP or web server exploits, and their solutions
- Experience with Jira or similar project management tool
- Experience working with Kirby CMS
- Experience migrating legacy codebases to cleaner architectures and modern frameworks
- Some experience of the online casino industry
Our client's philosophy:
- Medium-sized company with a start-up culture and a can-do ethos.
- A focus on getting stuff done, not on the process or management hierarchy.
- Working remotely but communicating regularly.
- Open-door policy across all levels and departments.
- An inclusive environment with staff from all around the world.