Our client, with a global team of over 450 specialists, provides market-leading content, including Kambi Sportsbook and over 100 leading games providers. The company is looking for a Netwrok Engineer to work remotely from the USA.
The client is seeking a mid-level engineer to apply their technical skills in a fast-paced and complex environment. Having a working knowledge of server hardware and the desire to participate in projects at multiple datacentres is central to this role. This position will work to resolve and diagnose server issues at scale, escalate issues and work with remote engineering teams. Additionally, this role will work within the rack lifecycle processes with a focus on helping build out and enable cloud scale compute and storage environments. Solid communication skills are a requirement for this role. This person should enjoy working in a fast-paced environment where adaptability and flexibility will be key to their success. The successful candidate will be able to work independently and within groups. The position involves:
- Working remotely and travelling to DC sites when required.
- Approaching and working closely with people from every business function
- Agreeing with business and technical staff what solutions are needed
- Not being phased by the strange variety of things that need doing in a small growing company
- Being proactive and not just waiting to be told the next thing to do
- First point of contact for break fix technicians
- Accountable for assisting with projects (new capacity as well as retrofits) and repairs throughout the datacentre
- Understand and initial analysis to debug hardware, and Linux OS related issues
- Demonstrate personal leadership Identifying and helping to create documentation for the global datacentre knowledge base
- Managing and configuring network equipment, ideally with Meraki MX experience
- Assist with process improvements and best practices in datacentre operations
- Participate in on-call rotation (once a month on call for a week after hours, first point of contact)
- Knowledge of Linux and server hardware repairs
- Experience modifying and developing in Python, SQL, and/or shell scripting
- Working conceptual knowledge of technologies such as HTTP, DNS, RAID, and DHCP
What you already have:
- Experience of working both independently to get a job done, and collaboratively with the SRE/DevOps team
- Experience of operating in a fast-paced environment, to tight deadlines, and exacting quality standards
- Self-motivation and drive to deliver excellent products to customers
How we approach things:
- Medium sized company with a start-up culture and a can-do ethos.
- We focus on getting stuff done, not on process or management hierarchy.
- Working remotely but communicating regularly.
- Open-door policy across all levels and departments.
- Inclusive environment with staff from all around the world.
What we offer:
- A fully remote and flexible working schedule.
- Training on the job.
- Opportunity to progress within the company, not limited to one department or team.
- Hardware allowance to make sure you have all the right tools to get the job done.
- 25 days holidays + bank holidays in your respective country.
The client is an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, gender, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, or age.
To apply please send me your CV: email@example.com