Our client, a software development company, is looking for a talented Network Engineer to join their infrastructure team in San José, Costa Rica.
· Establishes and maintains network performance.
· Builds net configurations and connections.
· Troubleshoots network problems.
· IP address auditing.
· Establishes networking environment by designing system configuration and directing system installation.
· Defines, documents, and enforces system standards.
· Maximizes performance by troubleshooting network problems and outages and scheduling upgrades.
· Configures router.
· Updates data servers and network equipment.
· Collaborates with network architects on network optimization.
· Secures network system by establishing and enforcing policies and defining and monitoring access.
· Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, and participating in professional organizations.
· Accomplishes information systems and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
· Comprehensive understanding of network services and networks
· In-depth understanding and practical knowledge of TCP/IP, Firewall, IPSec/SSL VPN
· Installing, configuring and supporting network equipment including routers, proxy servers, switches, WAN accelerators, DNS and DHCP
· Management/review of network device security configuration and architecture
· Familiar with packet analysis tools (e.g. wireshark, tcpdump etc.)
· Solid hands-on technical background particularly in managing highly complex, multi-platform environments (servers, storage, networks, security, virtualization, systems monitoring and management).
· Ability to analyze and evaluate networks, identify issues and provide solutions to ensure networks are operating efficiently
· Desirable with experience managing FortiGate, Casino devices
· Time management
· Ability to manage several projects simultaneously from design to implementation
Next steps: apply to this vacancy with your latest CV and i'll get in touch with you shortly!