We are supporting a rapidly developing firm in the disruptive FS sector. As part of their growth strategy a London based opportunity has arisen for an experienced Market Researcher, supporting directly the senior management team.
- Take responsibility for collecting and analysing data as well as presenting it to the company’s senior leadership, which will then use it to make informed decisions on a variety of business issues, concerning route-to-market, investments and other opportunities.
- This role requires strong business and data analysis skills coupled with a practical acumen, communication skills and interest in trade financing.
- The job will include quantitative and qualitative research, although most projects will combine the two.
- This is a fantastic opportunity for a talented, self-motivated individual looking to use their existing experience to assist the growth of a growing and developing international business.
- Collecting and interpreting country and industry data, solo or in partnership with local research agencies, on customer opinions, ideas, consumer behaviour, likes and dislikes, perceptions and attitudes to help achieve tangible business benefits in specific markets as well as globally.
- Helping determine the company’s position in the marketplace by researching the competition and analysing their prices, sales, and marketing methods to determine potential markets, product demand, and pricing.
- Using quantitative, as well as qualitative research methods to analyse data and forecast future trends, helping drive business decisions by performing valid and reliable market research SWOT analysis.
- Interpreting data into actionable insights, which help devise future commercial strategies, and clearly communicate recommendations to senior management.
- Monitoring and acting on global trade financing events, remaining fully informed on market trends.
This is an important hire for the continued growth and direction of the business. Individuals should demonstrate the following knowledge and qualities:
- Strong analytics experience with the ability to assimilate information from a variety of sources and present well- reasoned recommendations back to the business. Experience with prediction models and quantitative analysis.
- Excellent IT skills: statistical software packages (SPSS, SAS, R, Stata or similar), database manipulation (SQL) and CRM management, advanced data visualization methods (Tableau, Business Objects).
- Search engines, web analytics and business research tools acumen.
- Experience in financial modelling, budgeting and revenue forecasting across different markets, and the ability to understand the impact of global/local events on overall marketing and company performance is preferred.
- A natural inquisition and analytical approach/critical mindset. This is a role for someone wishing to build a career focused on delivering tailored insight and analysis within fast moving, digital environments.
- Strong spoken and written communication skills will be required when gathering information, interpreting data, and presenting results to senior management, as well as the tenacity to hold an argument.