My client who is in the payment and e-commerce sector is looking for an experienced Linus Systems Engineer to join their team in a role that is mixed project/operations focused and supporting both the internal infrastructure and the customer facing products.
As a Linux Systems Engineer you will be responsible for handling day-to-day project work, including providing proof-of-concept deliverables, product analysis, technical leadership, and architectural input for multiple concurrent initiatives. Assisting and mentoring Linux Systems Administrators and Junior Systems Engineers is also a key part of this role.
This position is a Monday to Friday opportunity, but you will be part of the 24/7 on call roster.
Your key responsibilities will be:
- Providing in-depth technical guidance and mentoring
- Working to continually improve processes and procedures with both internal and external teams
- Enforcing technical and operational standards as set by senior engineering staff
- Acting as senior most technical resource for junior administrators
- Researching and testing unfamiliar technologies
Skills you need to have:
- Experience maintaining enterprise Unix/Linux environments
- Experience with SOAP and REST interfaces and with API’s
- Experience with J2EE, SQL, ZFS, Perl, RHE, Rails, Grails, LDAP
- Experience working with Puppet (preferred), Chef, or other configuration management and deployment frameworks
- Experience with apache, tomcat, scripting languages, SSL, web protocols
- Experience managing and administering MySQL (preferred), PostgreSQL, or other SQL based relational databases
- Experience with event management, incident handling, and problem resolution
- The ability to handle stressful situations and tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Working knowledge of ITIL, ITSM, and INFOSEC best practices
- Ansible, Salt, fabric, or other automation tools experience
- Strong communication, documentation, and analytical skills
- Being able to adapt quickly to an ever-changing environment