Following recent international expansion of our online sports betting and casino game operations, my client is looking to hire a Legal Counsel with experience of the MGA Regulations.
The role will be an important one within the business, supporting the Head of Legal in London, ensuring at all times that the Company operates with good governance, legitimacy and in furtherance of our commitment to corporate and social responsibility. The lawyer will work across our operations in both the UK and Malta. Opportunity to work remotely.
This role is part of a growing global team.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Ensuring adherence with relevant data privacy laws, including assessment, monitoring and control, and dealing with data privacy matters
- Drafting and negotiation of commercial and corporate agreements
- Management of disputes with service providers
- Reviewing marketing materials, campaign proposals and terms to ensure compliance with corporate policy and applicable legislation
- Assisting with business and gaming licence/permit applications
- Internal policy drafting/review and ensuring regulatory compliance
- Managing escalated customer complaints and dispute resolution
- Supporting the Compliance Officer in ensuring and promoting a culture of compliance within the business
- HR, finance and other general internal advisory
- Promoting and enhancing knowledge in the legal and compliance areas across the business
- Working within a dynamic team, supporting team members whilst contributing to the company values
- Maintaining professional working relationships with customers and colleagues
Qualifications and skills
- Experience in a top private practice law firm and/or in-house environment
- Previous experience within the gaming industry is a must, with a experience of the MGA requirements
- Good level of experience of GDPR and data privacy matters in a B2C environment
- Demonstrable working knowledge and experience in marketing and consumer related laws, media, sponsorship, advertising and promotions in addition software and technology agreements and related intellectual property matters
- Able to deal with large, varied workload and priorities accordingly
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent attention to detail and a high level of accuracy
- Self-motivated and proactive with excellent communication skills, including the ability to communicate complex legal issues in a clear manner
An attractive salary is on offer with the opportunity to enhance your career.