My Client in the iGaming industry is looking for a Lead DevOps Engineer in Croatia to be instrumental in the growth and scaling of the DevOps culture and practices in the company.
This person will be responsible for 2-3 more junior DevOps colleagues and maybe later on the SRE team as well.
- Designing, implementing, and operating cloud infrastructures.
- Defining the infrastructure design, its Infrastructure as Code (IaC), as well as building reusable automated pipelines and making scalable and resilient applications by applying cloud native practices.
- Managing a small team of DevOps engineers
- Providing business and technology stakeholders insight into infrastructure cost and budgets as well as insight during due-diligence processes in order to evaluate between technical solutions.
- Ensuring the company's infrastructure is safe and protected as the company is operating under strict regulatory requirements.
- Helping other departments (product, design…) and drive business development.
- Leading a project and making well-reasoned decisions about software design and implementation based on the knowledge of the best practices in the field.
- Extensive experience with Kubernetes and Helm charts both in terms of application as well as infrastructure maintenance (creation, scaling, security, upgrades…) is a must!
- 2-3 years experience with cloud providers (Oracle Cloud or AWS preferred)
- Experience in Systems administration and with scripting (Shell, Python, Ruby, etc.).
- Solid experience with distributed systems and micro-services architectures.
- Experience dealing with issues due to system communication and failure
- Experience in designing and building highly available and resilient systems.
- Agile development cycle
- Git and versioning software.
- Build systems (e.g. Maven)
Containerisation of applications using Docker or similar tools.
- Jenkins Pipelines or similar CI/CD patterns.
- Practitioner knowledge of Configuration Management/Infrastructure as Code (e.g. Ansible or Terraform).
- CI/CD automation with Jenkins pipelines and ArgoCD. Load balancing (e.g. NGINX, HAProxy, Varnish).
- Messaging systems (e.g. Kafka, RabbitMQ).
- Log ingestion (e.g. Logstash, Filebeat, Telegraf, Vector). Log management (e.g. ELK stack, Grafana Loki). Security posture (security rules, roles and groups management, infrastructure segregation, firewalls, iptables, security audit).
- Exciting work in a fast-paced, ever-growing environment
- Working in an exciting and dynamic sports betting industry
- New laptop and any extra peripheral devices that you might need
- Working in an agile environment of an international team across Europe and America
- Competitive benefits: Private medical cover Multisport card with 50% co-financing to get some exercise into your body
- Flexible time. Start late or finish early.
- Numerous opportunities for education, personal growth, and further training, supported by a personal, educational budget
- Social Friday bars, team buildings, Christmas parties, team activities, and other similar perks
- Dog-friendly office