Our ideal Lead Data Developer is responsible for leading a team as a leader whom demonstrates strong soft skills and as a hands-on technical contributor.
The Lead Data Developer should be skilled at communication within the team and across the organization. They will need to be able to collaborate closely with other managers, prioritize the work of people and create business value.
The technology stack is based on Python and NoSQL and SQL databases.
THE CHALLENGE AHEAD:
- Provide technical leadership and guidance on development
- Lead by example in a senior capacity
- On hand to assist, mentor and coach members of the team
- Work with Heads Of Development with technical/non-technical strategies
- Distributed team management (geographically) and to cooperate with partners
- Understand business requirements and suggest solution designs
- Workload prioritizing
- Participate in code reviews
- Write technical and non-technical documents
- Assist the team in code deployment to live environments
- Create and develop high performing ETL and ELT pipelines handling with multiple data producers
- Troubleshoot and repair defects, explore, analyze and formulate fixes for data issues
- Guide and mentor the team for handling the data.
- Working closely with DevOps
- Collaborate with Web and BI Analysts
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- A degree in Computer Science or skills and experience to match.
- Previous background as a Python Developer and have proven experience within the BI/Data scene
- Data-driven mindset, able to deal with all aspects of Data management
- Team lead experience
- Experience with GIT and Jenkins
- Experience with CI/CD experience with Docker
- Experience with Microservices
- MySQL and Mongo DB database experience
- Object Oriented Design
- Data analysis using SQL queries Knowledge in Data Integration
- Cloud platforms (e.g. AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Cloud data platforms (e.g. Databricks, Snowflakes) is a plus
- BI Concepts and Dashboards (ETL, Cubes, Data Quality and Statistical Analysis)
- Large data sets to drive business insights and make data driven decisions.