Our client is a technology solutions company passionate about customer-tailored product development - from requirements definition and specification, software coding and development, to application support and maintenance; they can understand and assist with the entire product lifecycle. With a drive fueled by curiosity, engagement, and an agile mindset, they strive to deliver the highest possible business output of every task and project.
They are looking for a Lead Architect, to join this fast-growing company. They expect the Lead Architect to be a hands-on technical leader with passion for high quality scalable technology, strong overall technical competency, and ability to take initiative.
As a Lead Architect, you will:
WORK WITH MANAGEMENT
- Establish and manage the centre of excellence group to define an architectural implementation roadmap in collaboration with product team.
- Assist on economic decision making based on buy vs build model and facilitate related discussions.
- Manage risk identification and risk mitigation strategies associated with the architecture.
WORK WITH DEVELOPMENT TEAMS
- Lead the architectural discussions and support development teams on prioritizing these activities with SH-s and TPO-s.
- Encourage collaboration between different teams when developing technical solutions.
- Assist development teams in creating architectural blueprints. Architectural team must ensure that architectural documents are up to date, shared and stored properly.
- Distribute tasks between chapters based on architectural blueprints when necessary.
WORK WITH PRODUCT PORTFOLIO AND PLATFORM
- Provide architectural requirements to business initiatives to ensure alignment with overall architectural vision.
- Translate complex functional and technical requirements to detailed architecture.
- Oversee the system and services on higher level and knows their interconnection.
- Defines communication between system modules and drives its improvements.
- Identify gaps in architectural design and propose improvements.
- Develop high-level product specification with attention to system integration.
- Define scalable service oriented architectural vision for product portfolio.
- Evaluate and recommend tools, technologies, and processes to ensure the highest quality product platform.
You will be successful in your role when you have:
- 5 years of backend development experience using Java (SpringBoot and reactive approach is a plus)
- Hands-on experience with micro-services architecture and event-sourcing
- Extensive knowledge of frontend technologies (we use Angular)
- Good knowledge of database design and data structures
- Experience in technique for rendering a client-side SPA on the server (SSR)
- Understanding of standard web security practices
- Knowledge of best practices in SEO implementation, Google analytics
- Knowledge of containerization, Docker and / or cloud platforms (GCP, AWS)
- Experience of Project Management or leading technical projects
- Willingness and want to get involved with hands on coding for about 20% of your time
- Awareness of architecture frameworks (for example TOGAF)