My client in the iGaming industry is looking for some Java Developers to join their growing team. They have an office in Malaga but you only need to go to the office once a month, the rest you can work from home remotely.
What you’ll do
- Use agile methodologies working in a team of engineers and product owners.
- Design and develop software, deploy it in production, and provide operational support.
- Be responsible for coding from the very beginning until the production environment, collaborating in an international and inclusive environment.
- Write, maintain and document unit and integration tests, and write up new and modified functionality.
- Participate in the full-cycle software engineering: analysis > design > code/test > deployment > maintenance/support
- Follow best practices at all aspects of software development: Design, Coding, Testing, Operational procedures, Monitoring.
What you'll work with
- Java – latest version.
- Web development (JS/Angular).
- Web services (REST).
- Spring boot, Spring cloud.
- Build tools (Maven, NPM, Webpack) as well as version control systems (Git).
- Containers (Docker, Kubernetes).
- Testing frameworks (JUnit, Jasmine, JBehave and Selenium) and testing practices, contract testing.
- Apache Cassandra and Elasticsearch.
- Messaging (RabbitMQ).
- Concurrent programming and threading.
What you’ll bring
- Positive, growth mindset, knowledge sharing, and creativity while problem-solving with others.
- Demonstrated back-end skills (multithreading, OOP, etc.) and/or strong front-end skills. .
- DevOps skills: having knowledge of system admin and interest to learn more.
- Good understanding of what quality code means (clean code & testing) and understanding web-based applications (HTTP protocol, Web Servers, Caching, etc.).
- Good testing practices (unit, component, and E2E testing).
- Ability to prioritize work, and collaborate with the business (e.g. Product, BI, Design, and Talent Teams)
- Understanding of the data modeling, architecture, and how other systems work.
- An agile approach to development, and a good understanding of lean and agile methodologies.
- CI/CD approach to work and understanding of CI/CD tools.
- Collaborative, respectful attitude, and good communication skills in English.
- Curiosity to learn new languages/frameworks, to experiment and try out new technologies.
What’s in it for you
- Attractive salary and customisable benefits package
- Flexible working hours and ways of working
- Contemporary and accessible office environments with a range of workplace perks
- Six weeks’ paid leave for every four years of service
- Relocation package for you and your family including soft-landing package services to help you settle in (applicable in Spain, if you are moving from a different city/country)
- Inspiring and fulfilling work at an innovative and values-driven company creating cutting-edge tech
- Being part of a team with a forward-looking, international mindset and agile working practices
- A friendly, inclusive, and multicultural environment (we are made up of over 35 nationalities, speaking almost 30 languages)
- Wellbeing programmes, learning, and personal growth opportunities
- A range of employee events throughout the year, including team building activities, Learning Labs, Hackathons, and Designathons
- Opportunities to shape the tech community within and outside of the company, through mentoring and knowledge-sharing