If you are looking for a great working environment with flexible working hours and amazing perks, My client offers extended benefits from day 1, RRSP matching, work from home days AND social Fridays – what could be better than that?
My client is an Agile/Scrum software development shop with a number of cross functional teams focusing on the design, development, testing and implementation of our expansive software product suite.
You will work on all aspects of the software development projects supporting existing applications and creating new and innovative software applications.
You will work closely with Application Architects to solve the problems and challenges associated with high transactional, high availability services.
You will also be working side by side with a cross-functional scrum team to turn these solutions into reality and ensure product functionality, performance and availability are not impacted.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Work as part of an agile development team to write, test and release Java applications
- Participate in code reviews and business/technical discussions
- Provide input into and following established development guidelines and standards
- Assist with the triaging of defects and being them to resolution
- When applicable, assist with design of java applications under the direction of architect
- When required, research and evaluate new technologies and tools for development
- Assist the agile team with the estimating, planning and prioritizing of work with the product owner
- Be an active participant in all Agile processes
- On-call expectation
Required Education & Skills
- 5+ years of experience with Java / J2EE web application development (JSP, Servlets, EJB, etc.)
- Experience with Linux
- Experience with Agile methodologies
- Strong working knowledge of SQL
- University degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience with demonstrated progressive responsibilities
- Creative/Innovative thinker
- Strong analytical, problem resolution and decision making skills
- Experience building and deploying containerized applications under Docker/Ansible/Kubernetes an asset