Award Winning Slot Supplier need a Java Dev for their top class Slots team.
- Remote in UK (3/4 days a month in Brighton - Client will pay for travel and hotel)
- Chance to gain experience of fast paced and dynamic industry and work with a company which is just as energetic
- Company is a pioneer of virtual gaming products and has been in this area for 20 years with over 150 games created.
You would manage, maintain and extend the client's current slots engine, adding value throughout the entire Development life cycle.
- Provide innovative ideas and creative server side development whilst also assuring alignment between your own innovation and business requirements and regulatory guidelines.
- Be a link between internal stakeholders and developers to establish the success of the deployment of the server-side code.
- Ensure multiple variations of the games are available to meet our customer demands.
- Maintain and troubleshoot issues.
- Ensure full compliance with industry best coding practices and change management procedures and policies
- Utilise a variety of contemporary software development tools, while owning and leading any improvements in the team.
- Considerable Java proficiency
- Strong competency with OOP principles
- Understanding of thread safety programming concepts
- Competency with Python
- Expertise with MySQL
- with version control (git)
- Degree in computer science or equivalent experience
- Good mathematical skills, particularly statistics
- Familiarity with slot machines or games design for gambling sector
- RESTful services
- Knowledge of JUnit or another unit testing framework
The ideal candidate will
- Have a willingness to learn
- Be highly organised, able to priorities workload effectively with attention to detail
- Be proactive, motivated, and able to work on own initiative
- Have the ability to write clean commented code
- Have good attention to detail