My Client in the iGaming industry is looking for Java Team Leaders to join their growing team.
You will be leading of a team 4-5 Java Developers. The role is either based in Malta, Spain or Remote.
You will have a technology focus, as this is a hands-on role, apart from managing you team members you would play a very active technical role within the team yourself.
- Actively contribute to the codebase and assure no technical debt
- Advocate and advance modern software engineering practices within the team (CI/CD, test automation etc)
- Influence the architecture technology roadmap
- Working with developers to grow their technical, interpersonal and leadership skills
- Communicating and delivering the technical vision of the projects to the business
- Facilitate team ceremonies and participate in technical discussions, ultimately owning the technical decisions that come out of it
- Track team performance, cadence delivery and health of team
- Act as a line manager to the engineers working in your team
- Collaborate with the Head of Development to attract, hire and retain diverse top talent
- Work closely with teams, product owners, and stakeholders to ensure the delivery world-class projects
- 5 + years’ experience in engineering, delivery and quality
- Proficiency with Java stack: Java 8+, Groovy, Scala, Hazelcast and Vertx frameworks
- Experience with webservice core standards like HTTP 1/2, WSDL, SOAP, REST
- Extensive hands on experience developing automation testing & performance testing
- Hands on experience with CI/CD & DevOps: Atlassian stack, JetBrains TeamCity, Nexus etc
- Possess excellent communication skills
- Have a love of developing and growing people
- Knowledgeable and passionate about current web development technology, cloud services and best development practices.
- You have hands on experience with working in agile methodology