A very reputable Pentasia client is looking for a server-side focused Java Developers who would be interested to work with Scala as well to help developer their core platform and associated services.
The job at hand:
- True autonomous work and completely on a remote basis.
- Adding both new features to the existing platform and new integrations
- Migration of the platform to a new architecture and technology stack based with Scala + Akka.
- Website support and administration UI, working with front end developers as necessary
- Diagnosing and fixing production issues
- Not being phased by the strange variety of things that need doing in a small growing company
- A proactive approach in your work, not waiting to be fed the next task as well as an active approach to finding new ways to improve current systems.
- Strong skills with Java (3 years minimum)
- Exposure and know how of another JVM based language
- Able to write raw SQL, and further than just simple select statements (1 year minimum)
- Familiarity and understanding with automated testing
- Social skills are highly valued and good interpersonal skills and a great team attitude will go a long way with our client.
- Flexibility and adaptability to quickly learn new things and adapt
Additional plus points to your profile in an ideal world:
- Some experience with Scala and associated ecosystem (Play & Akka)
- Java Servlets knowledge, because there’s always legacy code
- Functional programming knowledge and its advantageous qualities
- Asynchronous/reactive programming understanding
- Exposure to integrating third party APIs
- Experience in performance profiling and tuning Java applications
- Some experience with PHP as some system parts are written in it
- A small company, with a proactive and can-do positive attitude
- They have a true focus on getting stuff done, not on process or management hierarchy - the company operates in a flat structure.
- A distributed workforce but communicating regularly and offering encouragement
- Sharing expertise and learning from others to keep improving as a team
- A flexible working schedule, micromanagement isn't the case here.