Our client is looking for a hands-on engineer with a passion for data to work alongside other developers, machine learning analysts and QAs.
You will work on new and existing data pipeline development and data driven services, turning requirements into completed and polished technical solutions. An ideal candidate would be happy to cooperate effectively with colleagues in both technical and business-facing roles
What we are looking for ..
- Strong knowledge of Java & Spring
- Experience with the following:
- SQL and other languages (Scala & Python)
- Kafka, Google Pub/Sub, CDC, Dataflow, Airflow
- DB2, BigQuery, BigTable, Mongodb, Couchdb
- Cloud Platforms including Google, AWS
- Developing technology to enable large scale data processing in previous roles or proven track record
- Agile software design principles and build processes
- Excellent organisation, communication and strong soft skills
- Ability to work with team mates and autonomously
- Can work with an element of pressure and deliver in according to deadlines
- A degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or similar
Your responsibilities ...
- Fix challenging problems within highly distributed event driven environments
- Handle server-side development of distributed Google applications
- Develop pipelines for our Data Platform
- Write clear, efficient, tested code
- Contributing to code reviews and solution design
- Contribute to evolution of standards and design patterns
- Continuous improvement of the tools and processes used by the team