What are we building?
Based in Austin, we are a team of designers and developers building a better customer experience in the fast-growing online sports betting space. On the back of a Supreme Court decision in favor of allowing the legalization of mobile sports betting in the USA, states across the country have begun regulating and opening up sports betting. Since 2018, over $25 billion has been legally wagered with the vast majority from mobile devices. While sports betting is a new industry in the US, the legacy technology powering the industry is not. We’re here to change that. We’re a passionate group of sports fans who are building the future of sports betting with customer-focused products and cutting-edge technology.
What’s the position?
We are looking for a backend engineer to join our quickly growing product and technology teams in Austin, TX. As a backend engineer, you will play an integral role in developing the systems and protocols that enable frictionless customer experiences. The role requires an individual that’s technically talented, able to contribute quality code, and is passionate about sports. You will be responsible for the quality, scope, and timeliness of all your deliverables and work with our team leads to further your knowledge and skill sets. Because we operate with a startup mindset, we will be reliant on your technical skill, but also your passion and ownership over all aspects of your work.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for an engineer who is willing to tackle problems with innovative ideas and quality technical implementations. We believe the perfect candidate isn’t interested in just what we’re building right now, but wants to understand where we’re going and how it impacts the customer to ensure everything we create moves us closer to our goal: delivering the best customer experience.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Degree in computer science, a related field, or equivalent work experience (3+ years)
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Experience with Java and/or Python
- Experience with reactive programming (ex, Akka, Spring Reactive)
- An understanding of AWS Cloud technologies and how to create scalable applications
- Exposure to and interest in the following technologies:
- AWS Serverless and serverless-supported languages
- SQL and/or NoSQL experience (ex, MySql, Cassandra, DynamoDB)
- Streaming technologies (Amazon Kinesis, Kafka)
- Message Queues (SQS, RabbitMQ, ActiveMQ)
- Comfort working within an agile development cycle and exposure to:
- Linux development
- Git and versioning software
- Build systems (Maven, SBT, Gradle, etc) and common build patterns
- Extensive experience with containerization (Docker, Kubernetes, etc)
- Extensive experience with Micro-Service architectures
What’s in it for you?
We offer our employees more than just competitive compensation. Our team benefits include:
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Flexible vacation allowance
- Flexible work from home or office hours
- Startup culture backed by a secure, global brand
- Opportunity to build products enjoyed by millions as part of a passionate team
We are an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.