My London based iGaming Client is looking for a Java Architect to join their team.
The candidate should be self-motivated, creative and proactive, to work successfully in a fast-paced environment including multiple platforms and diverse technologies. The individual will be working as part of a highly skilled team to help define and set the technical architecture roadmap. You will have experience working in a Microservices environment and be heavily involved with designing and developing applications at significant scale. You must have a strong background in Java core.
Excellent written and spoken English is critical as you will be required to communicate with colleagues, line managers and occasionally large multinational clients.
Description of Job Responsibilities:
- Defining the platform/software architecture for the suite of global products, with a focus on the customer throughout
- Provides overall design principles and guidance for software and hardware integration, reliability design, performance design, manageability design and security design with objectives like scalability, speed, robustness, zero-trust, automation at the core.
- Oversee the quality and integration of the solution architecture, design integrity and communications, and the interface between applications, Legacy systems, component libraries, content repositories and supporting databases
- Develops, communicates, maintains, and enforces the overall architecture (technical infrastructure, applications and data) of the project and knows what the system components are and how they fit together
- Facilitate scoping and priority setting of large or complex changes
- Own the technical solution design, architecture decisions and governance for the technology in scope.
- Translating designs both logical and physical to support user friendly processes and systems, and communicate this across the stakeholders
- Set technical standards, tools, methods and techniques, and advise/influence others to adopt these to ensure consistency across the organisation.
- Identify and share good practices, driving the adoption of design standards, trends and patterns
- Maintaining application architecture documentation
- Continuously identify opportunities for improvement.
- 7+ year's delivery experience on a commercial application development project including integration with 3rd party applications.
- 7+ year's delivery experience of commercial enterprise applications within the Java development stack.
- 5+ year's delivery experience of message oriented (or event driven) distributed systems.
- Implementation experience in Application Server clustering, performance tuning and scalability testing to support high throughput, moderate latency, high availability systems.
- Experience including analysis, architecture, design, coding and implementation of large-scale custom-built object-oriented applications.
- Strong OO design knowledge, including extensive reliable design patterns as well as creating robust custom design patterns
- Implementation experience of working with open source technologies like Spring, Hibernate, Camel, etc.
- Delivery experience with OSGI, FUSE ESB, Apache Kafka
- Delivery experience with messaging Middleware/distributed computing
- Prior experience in addressing business and technical stakeholder requirements and translating these to appropriate solution architectures
- Prior experience working with different operating systems, enterprise systems management, storage, networking or security solutions
- Previous experience dealing with Monolith and Microservices architectures
- Knowledge of Event Driven architecture
- Proven hands-on experience with a passion for all things code
- Hands on involvement in designing and developing applications at significant scale
- Practical architecture with experience leading the POC's
- Extensive experience working with relational databases and understand software patterns
- Experience using a BDD & TDD approach
- A passion for creating API-first products
- Prior experience working with partners on product integration and solution initiatives is desirable
- Experience within the online gambling gaming industry (Preferred)
This role may require travel to other offices, as mutually agreed from time to time.