My Client in the Payments industry is looking for a Java Application Developer to join there growing team to work fully remotely!
You will be responsible for developing and maintaining first class solutions for tier 1 financial institutions around the world.
You will be participating in different areas of the software development life-cycle and specialize in a range of different areas from design, development, maintenance and quality assurance of our products and services.
- Participate in the entire application life cycle, focusing on coding and debugging
- Build and perform unit tests
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Clearly document solutions for all stakeholders
- Optimization of applications for maximum performance and scalability
- Collaborate with other team members to establish objectives and design functional requirements
- Analyse, Design and Document new requirements
- Perform under pressure and have the ability to deal with and solve problems quickly and accurately with limited supervision
- Taking lead on projects when needed
- Experience with Java
- Degree in computing (or a similar qualification)
- Good knowledge of software development life-cycle processes
- Knowledge of relational databases (Oracle/Postgres)
- Knowledge in Ruby and Jenkins is an asset
- Strong communication and writing skills in English
- Interest in the payments industry
- Have strong organisational and time management skills
- Able to prioritize across different tasks