For one of our global client developed into one of the most compelling and dynamic independent sports betting suppliers in the industry with mission is to develop into the leading mainstream sports betting provider and a reputation for building high quality, bespoke and innovative products we are looking for an IT Operations Lead.
- The IT Operations Lead will run a small team that provides essential IT support, deployment, implementation and operational maintenance for all of our sportsbook platforms.
- The IT Operations Lead is responsible for operational infrastructure and is key in defining the strategic direction for all live systems.
- The IT Operations Lead will ensure the efficient and timely resolution of all support tickets and enquiries logged by internal staff or external clients, ensuring that all service level agreements are met or exceeded.
- The IT Operations Lead is expected to define troubleshooting techniques and procedures, as well as generating and maintaining detailed technical documentation for all key environments, assets and resources.
- Maintenance and tracking of the IT capital and operational expenditure budgets is the responsibility of the IT Operations Lead. This involves ensuring that all internal expenditure is captured and tracked, and any non-budgeted items highlighted.
- Must possess initiative and drive and be enthusiastic about technology in general. Knowledge of networking and Linux administration is required, and team members will be expected to cross skill to cover all areas.
- This role will be responsible for championing the Dev Ops function, and so must have distinct knowledge in this area, and be able to work collaboratively with development and operational teams.
Client products technologies are dynamic, but currently include: J2EE, Wildfly (JBoss), JSF, MySQL, HTML5, Angular, HAProxy, Varnish, NGINX, datacenters, replication, monitoring, virtualization, connection aggregation, Jenkins, redundant storage arrays, Juniper SRX, database clustering.
Skills & Experience:
- Experience supporting IT infrastructure for regulated online and mobile casino and sports gaming products
- Demonstrable history of leading an IT Operations Team
- Ability to manage remote teams and develop a unified team
- Building and upgrading mission critical computer systems.
- Supporting, maintaining and troubleshooting java applications
- Supporting MySQL database installations
- Various virtualization technologies and platforms (Xen, Xenserver, KVM, VMware)
- Maintaining, supporting and troubleshooting network infrastructures
- Be able to offer guidance on best practice for build and deployment
- Able to lead, organize and work as part of an on-call roster including delivering support outside of office hours as necessary.
- Experience working in high pressure support situations and the ability to keep a cool head under pressure