IT Infrastructure Engineer
My client is looking for a new IT Infrastructure Engineer. To join their rapidly growing business.
Reporting to the IT Manager, the IT Infrastructure team lead has a key role in the successful running of the IT department. This person will be responsible to maintain a highly available cloud and on-premise server infrastructure for deploying instances, applying operating system updates, managing configuration changes, and system tuning.
- Manage overall intranet and internal IT needs
- Develop, enhance, and maintain automation of cloud enablement tools • Recognize
- and resolve all business issues and impact
- Plan, organize, control, and evaluate IT and electronic data operations
- Design, develop, implement, and coordinate systems, policies, and procedures
- Ensure security of data, network access, and backup systems
- Act in alignment with user needs and system functionality to contribute to organizational Policy
- Identify problematic areas and implement strategic solutions in time
- Audit systems, assess their outcomes, and follow-up
- Responsible for Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery
- Preserve assets, information security, and control structures
- Handle annual budget and ensure cost-effectiveness
- Play an active role in device and environment management (remote controls, data security, insurance)
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience.
- Minimum 2 years working with cloud platforms
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft and Linux based systems including Hardware, software, networking, and storage
- Experience with Microsoft Azure AD DS and Virtualisations such as HyperV and VMware
- Experience architecting cloud infrastructures on Microsoft Azure for small, medium scale, and enterprise-level applications
- Certifications on Microsoft Azure or Amazon Web Services (AWS) are highly desirable
- Broad experience with cloud adoption, including application readiness assessment, prototyping of new environments, server builds, data migration, performance tuning of cloud environments
- Technical knowledge of infrastructure components such as Network, Storage, Linux/Windows, Application knowledge of Java, .Net, and IT security
- Experience with configuring software-defined networking and security configurations, including security groups and ACLs
- Experience with DevOps procedures and processes and with working in an Agile environment
- Experience with troubleshooting very complex distributed environments pertaining to connectivity and application performance and monitoring tools and offering high-level strategic planning and advice to an entity that will allow for the successful adoption or migration of Cloud-based technologies or services
- Good communicator and fluent in English
- Able to manage third party suppliers.
- Willing to travel