A Tier 1 global sports betting, gaming and entertainment provider are looking for an ambitious and personable HR Business Partner to join one of their brands and the US team in Cherry Hill, New Jersey.
This role follows a hybrid approach to working, allowing you to combine working from home with working in their modern offices. An office presence is central to the success of this individual, so we would therefore ask that you work 2-3 days in the Cherry Hill office.
This is an exciting role, where you will support a growing team in North America across marketing, product and commercial for the brand. This is a really exciting time to join, with a huge growth agenda on the cards and the opportunity to shape their success. You will act as the key partner for the MD, North America and will work with stakeholders globally to ensure that the North American team are aligned with their global vision, along with having an exciting and engaging local culture.
This role has the opportunity for you to make it your own, with huge growth potential. As the standalone HR contact in the Cherry Hill office, you should operate with confidence and pragmatism, acting as the voice for Cherry Hill within the HR network and collaborating with HR colleagues to build local employee experience.
They are a globally located HR Business Partnering team and work closely with HR colleagues who support them through a centres of excellence model. This means that you will be supported by specialists in recruitment, talent management, learning & development and reward, to help you to partner most effectively with their business area. They operate a functionally aligned model, ensuring they spend time on collaborating across locations, sharing learnings, and supporting one another with location-based knowledge where needed.
Reporting to the HR Director Commercial & Strategy (based in London), this role is accountable for building relationships with the local North America team and beyond, on a global level. You will work as part of a HR team based across UK and Europe, to India and Canada. One of their values is “empower & own” so expect to have autonomy and freedom to deliver your role whilst having the support of a team behind you.
You will have an opportunity to provide hands on HR support to key stakeholders, implementing the local and global HR strategy and ensuring that HR is a valuable contributor to the business achieving its overall vision. You will coach and empower managers, embedding local HR excellence through working closely with HR centres of excellence.
- Support leaders and people managers in reviewing attrition rates and developing retention initiatives
- Partner with people managers on talent development plans for their business areas
- Utilise local market knowledge, feeding back insights to positively impact the reward packages
- Work closely with the Talent Acquisition and Brading team to support resourcing plans including participation in interviews
- Support the onboarding process, supporting applications for local work permits and background checks
Engagement & Employee Experience
- Work with leaders and managers to identify and implement innovative initiatives to drive employee engagement and develop company culture, specifically from the perspective of the Customer Operations team
- Develop a strong understanding of the business and the role that Customer Operations team play, in order to deliver effective solutions
- Deliver people initiatives locally including a well-being programme that support functions in achieving their business goals
- Provide local input into the people/culture branding messaging
- Provide accurate advice on employee relations issues to people managers on company policies and procedures including; attendance, performance management, disciplinary and grievance issues
- Provide outstanding support to employees on day to day HR related matters
- Coach people managers on best practice when dealing with performance or conduct issues
- Assist in developing and implementing HR policies and procedures in line with local governance
- Identify gaps that may exist to place the business at risk and act on them
- Participate in change initiatives as per business requirements
- Manage projects and partner closely with local management team and global HR teams on company initiatives
- Work with Group HR to drive HR strategy at a local level and participate in Group HR projects
Required Skills and Experience:
They are looking for the ideal candidate to have experience at HR Business Partner or Manager level in a fast-paced working environment. You will have outstanding knowledge of legal legislation, culture, and industry. You also have experience in dealing with challenging clients and situations. You hold a consultative and collaborative approach to getting things done and have coaching capability when supporting people managers. You will also have a HR professional qualification/ memberships or ability to demonstrate equivalent exposure
- Wins together: is a team player, collaborating with others across the organisation to get things done
- Proactive: focused on delivering high levels of service to stakeholders, taking ownership of work and calling on support when needed
- Communicates effectively: able to communicate across audiences with clarity, taking advantage of excellent listening skills to understand what is important to stakeholders
- Openly curious: willing to question preconceptions and bring new ideas
- Leads by example: positive individual, always seeking to raise the bar and encourages colleagues to do the same
- Data driven: uses data to understand theirs employee experience, questioning insight and using this to drive decision making