Exciting opportunity to lead all teams across the Trading function to deliver best in class trading, customer analysis, risk management processes and capabilities, in order to provide a market leading B2B trading service.
This opportunity will suit an experienced Trading Manager seeking that step up into Head of Trading position.
- Identify, develop and instil best practice within the Trading team in pricing, trading, customer analysis and risk management.
- Provide leadership to the trading team, identify and action any content, tasks or processes that do not align with trading best practice
- Lead and develop the trading team to optimum performance through recruitment and professional implementation of performance management best practice.
- Drive operational efficacy through continual evaluation of Trading processes and performance.
- Mentor and coach the Trading Managers to ensure high standards are met in trading and performance management across the department, with a focus on continual improvement.
- Ensure the Trading function operates efficiently and astutely with the departments output closely aligned to the strategic and commercial priorities
- Identify opportunities and inefficiencies within trading operations and our products, ensuring they are owned and managed effectively until a resolution is found.
- Understand and evaluate competitors in the market to understand and improve the product offering in order to achieve market leading status.
- Leverage insights gained from industry experience and expertise to input into strategic decision making and the vision for the Trading team.
- Contribute to the development lifecycle of proprietary products that aid trading.
- Work closely with Analytics to ensure objective, data led decisions are made within Trading.
- Represent Trading at a senior leadership level.
- Represent the company in commercial activities, such as demos, partner management and supplier conversations.
Skills and experience
- Strong leadership skills with experience managing Trading teams.
- Strong track record in delivering exceptional product and processes in a Trading environment.
- Excellent understanding, knowledge and experience of the requirements of running a trading team, with in-depth insight into what best practice in a modern trading environment looks like.
- Proven track record of developing people through an effective personal development process.
- Ability to manage multiple work streams, prioritising and delegating effectively.
- Proven understanding of business risk and a track record of implementing effective measures to mitigate against it.
- Strong and effective prioritisation skills, with a record of demonstrating sound judgement and astute decision making when evaluating the magnitude of issues.
- Pragmatic with an objective, data driven approach to decision making.
- Advanced analytical thinking skills, used to evaluate opportunities, risk and potential solutions.
- In depth understanding of the principles of risk management and customer management in sports betting.
- A self-starter, able to operate independently and use initiative.
- Ability to work to deadlines and under strict time constraints.
- Ability to solve problems and develop creative solutions to deliver desired outcomes.
- Emotional resilience, showing highly developed communication and relationship building skills that can be used to influence others.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to deliver effective reporting, presentations and meetings to an audience from Junior level staff through to C-level.