Head of Tax
Excellent opportunity to join a fast-trajectory, creative and innovative finance and information technology business. This position will see the incumbent be take ownership of global and local tax strategy in the Group.
About this opportunity
- The role will be tasked with setting up and maintaining an efficient tax structure for all group companies within the parameters of the operations, and also own all other tax matters in the group.
- This includes managing the tax exposure in and between the different internal group functions and external stakeholders that support the Group structure across three continents.
- The role involves a high level of responsibility for the overall regulatory performance of the group. It also includes safeguarding the reputation of the group, promoting its values and culture, and upholding the interests of the company’s principals.
- It is essential that the jobholder demonstrates applicable tax, regulatory and legal framework knowledge; practical experience and a keen interest and enthusiasm for their subject matter, market developments and current (tax) affairs.
- Management of intra group relations from a transfer pricing perspective. The existing structures also need constant maintenance due to ever changing tax regulation and tax practices.
- Reviewing and optimising the groups tax structure, including transfer pricing, intra group contracts, permanent establishment, and VAT etc.;
- Reviewing and optimising the groups tax documentation, including intra group contracts, decision forums, meeting schedules and minutes, along with travel schedules when needed. This includes liaising directly with local group companies to control their adherence to the established policies;
- Challenging existing group and company structures with “pressure tests”;
- Stay on top of the developments in tax regulation in the jurisdictions where the group operates;
- Suggest improvements to existing structures depending on the above;
- Function as the primary contact for tax issues for all third party providers such as auditors and tax partners / lawyers;
- Proactively engage in new business and product projects to spot tax weaknesses and opportunities for tax savings;
- Liaise directly with local tax authorities and third party providers when relevant;
- It will be important to have the capacity to identify misalignments with group objectives and taking relevant remedial action and/or notifying as needed stakeholders up the reporting line. As such the role requires a high degree of ownership of objectives and project management, including monitoring the implementation of different projects, and ensuring that milestones are being met throughout the duration of such projects.
You will work alongside the brightest industry experts and directly impact the firm’s continued disruption of the payments space.
Your qualifications, skills & experience
- University degree in Finance, Law or related field.
- Chartered Institute of Taxation (CIOT) qualification or equivalent.
- Minimum of 7-years working experience from planning tax structures and establishing tax policies for international companies providing online services in multiple jurisdictions (either in-house our working at an auditor, law firm or similar).
- Experience from interacting with tax authorities and other governmental bodies.
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced team environment.
- Highly organised with the ability to prioritise workload and manage multiple responsibilities effectively without losing attention to detail.
- High energy, strong work ethic, with a self-motivated, "can do” attitude.
Interested? Next steps…
Exciting opportunity to join a firm experience rapid growth. If you possess the relevant skills and experience then please apply today and we will be in contact to arrange a confidential discussion.