banking system we have today is almost the same as the one we had in the Middle Ages. It’s absurd. We are working with a company that are going back to the basics of banking, and are redefining how it can make use of new technologies to bring its core utility back to people.
In this emerging world, there is no place for a system burdened by legacy, where payments regulations are ruled by consensus and point-of-sale architecture is a decade behind the rest of the world. It’s time to remove this embedded friction by showing people that they deserve better, and that this better already exists. Banking needs to be stripped down to its core utility principles, and re-built from the ground up.
Our client is bringing fair financial services to South East Asia, where banks have failed to bring to consumers what they have the right to. The goal is to solve real world money problems for millions of people by empowering them and providing a simple interface for users to send, receive and track their money.
No fees, no friction and no lies – both for the unbanked and the underbanked
Key responsibilities will include but not be restricted to;
- Lead the Risk & AML team and develop and foster talent
- Implement a forward thinking risk and fraud management strategy for multi-channel gateway, acquiring, accepting and issuing payments businesses.
- Provide and implement a strategy regarding customer registration, verification, due diligence, merchant onboarding, KYC and AML policies and processes.
- Provide best in class risk management services to merchants and partners.
- Ownership and management of AML and card scheme regulations and fraud systems.
- Work in partnership with the Legal Counsel and the Compliance Officer to ensure compliance with legal and regulatory requirements.
- Support the Finance team in developing and maintaining risk based pricing models.
- Assist and Support business lines to enable them to mitigate and control their operational risks
- Work with all relevant auditors including VISA, Mastercard and FSA.
- Develop, implement and review policies, procedures and controls to mitigate the risks of financial loss, penalties or license revocation from all licensors.
- Raise incidents and alerts to business critical issues and identify ways to mitigate, control or avoid these risks.
- Decision making regarding key adhoc customer queries requiring resolution.
- Ensure all departmental objectives, KPI’s and SLA’s are met and ideally exceeded.
- Provide effective reporting and escalation to the senior management team.
This is an involved, hands-on and challenging position suitable for someone excited by a disruptive approach to traditional banking methods; and who is strategic and analytical yet commercial in their thinking and behaviours.