Lead Mobile Application Developer – iGaming
Reporting to the CTO
About the Company
This client manages private equity investments in the fintech, online marketing, insurance and online gaming spaces. In addition to investments in existing start-ups, they incubate our own projects with the goal of spinning them out as independent companies.
One of their most recent investments was into an iGaming tech platform. That's where you come in.
About the Role
Exciting opportunity to join a new and ambitious gaming technology platform. Be part of a team to bring new and innovative products to market and have a significant input to the direction and success of the business. The team are looking at innovative ways to optimise the user experience through applying design, data analytics and AI driven content optimisation to improve the player experience. You will be part of the technical leadership team driving this initiative forward.
You will take overall responsibility for the mobile application development roadmap, working with the product team and software delivery team to drive new product innovation and maximise performance.
You will need to have an expert level of understanding of delivering mobile apps for the iGaming industry and a deep understanding of the mobile app user journey from your experience in the online gaming business.
· Be a thought leader in mobile app development across the portfolio of gaming businesses
· Working in an agile, cross functional team working to deliver the best experience on mobile
· Lead the development of performant mobile applications for both iOS and Android
· Lead a team of developers in agile sprints to ensure efficient throughput
· Defining requirements, giving time estimates, and writing technical specifications
· Work with the product team to iteratively improve the end user’s experience
· Take ownership of production services and resolve support issues in a timely manner
· Implement analytics in all aspects of the application performance and diagnostics
· Continuously discover and implement new technologies to maximize efficiency
· Proactively identify areas of improvement in current processes and practices
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or related field/work experience
· 5+ years of experience in developing mobile applications (native or hybrid), with excellent knowledge of mobile app dev frameworks: React Native vs Swift
· Knowledgeable in all aspects of the mobile app lifecycle (concept, design, develop, debug/test, release, support, security, performance)
· Experience with mobile delivery and integration of application systems with both app stores
· Utilisation and integration of mobile features such as push notifications, background loading, offline content storage
· Experience working with native IDEs (XCode / Android Studio)
· Object-oriented programming skills, Swift/Objective-C
· Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills and strong teamwork relationships
· Excellent native mobile development in either iOS and/or Android
· Ability to lead other developers in either iOS and/or Android development
· Understanding of hybrid apps & communication between webpages and native code
· Experience on 3rd Party SDKs integration
· Source control management and continuous integration
· Excellent communication skills
· Experience in releasing iGaming apps on the app store
· Exposure to some level of project management e.g. estimation, planning, task tracking
The client offers a friendly, collaborative working environment with a high level of autonomy and time for exploring innovative technology ideas in a fast-paced start up model. The team is a small, highly skilled and motivated unit where professional execution is paramount.
They have an office in the heart of London that provides a relaxed and informal environment with an active social scene. Remote working is also supported, although a combination of remote and office is preferred to maximise collaboration.