An exciting i-Gaming business that has grown immensely in recent years is looking to hire a Head of Legal and Compliance.
Reporting the CEO, and based in Malta, you will be responsible for;
- Doing the necessary due diligence and reporting requirements to local regulatory authorities.
- Offering proactive advice to the board of directors in regard to emerging issues, group structure and new legislation that may impact on the organisation;
- Overseeing the services provided by the legal team whilst providing mentorship and support
- Advising on contract status and business terms of various agreements
- Anticipating, advising and planning for all legal risks, and develop strategies to mitigate those risks for the Group;
- Researching unique legal issues impacting the organisation by identifying applicable statutes, judicial decisions, laws and codes and develop solutions to complex legal questions
- Keeping abreast of legislative changes that may affect the company
- Performing pre-litigation work to minimize risks and maximize legal rights
- Working with relevant stakeholders across the business to ensure that the necessary due diligence and reporting requirements to local regulatory authorities are adhered to and met.
- Advising the leadership team on legal matters critical to the growth of the business
- Arranging and supervising outside attorneys who provide legal advice or representation in areas of special expertise or in litigation
- Monitoring regulatory and business landscape to provide strategic legal advice to guide the organisation on key policy, strategy, corporate risk and major projects.
- Preparing legal documentation, contracts and agreements (and precedents) as required.
- Owning the overall budget requirements for legal, regulatory and compliance areas of the business.
- Translating strategic decisions and regulatory obligations into projects, actions and operational processes across the business and advise on their implementation.
- Establishing control systems and workflows for stakeholders throughout the business to comply with compliance requirements.
- Overseeing and managing reports submitted to the regulatory authorities.
- Managing and monitoring the application process of new Gaming Licences or surrender of Gaming Licences.
Do you have what it takes? This is what we’re looking for:
- Experience within a similar role within the igaming industry
- A degree in Law with specific knowledge of company structures and regulatory laws and compliance
- Knowledge and experience working with different markets
- Excellent leadership skills
- Challenger mindset
- Someone creative and solution driven
This is a fabulous opportunity within a work-hard/play-hard environment.
A competitive salary is on offer.