A huge African sports betting platform with operations in many countries are looking for a Head of Fraud & Payments to join their dynamic team based in Cape Town
As Head of Fraud & Payments you will be responsible for the implementation of the company’s strategy and best practices for the risk, fraud and payments policies and procedures.
- Strategy implementation for risk, fraud & payments internal policies, procedures and best practices for the daily operations.
- Evaluate the risks associated with new launches or changes in products, jurisdictions, payment methods etc.
- Implement and review processes and best practices regarding customer registration and verification
- Work across the business and external departments to address payment operations, risk, technical and fraud issues.
- Own, negotiate and manage payment and fraud related third-party relationships, including banks, PSPs, verification providers, etc.
- Implement payments optimisation strategies to maximise deposit levels and acceptance rates.
- Oversee the payments processing function and ensure the quickest possible turnaround times on customer withdrawals, with particular focus on the VIP experience.
- Chargeback Management and reporting on losses to the COO and Senior Management.
- Ensure that business objectives are met through effective and efficient team management.
- Handle of high-risk payments, fraud and AML related escalations.
- Assist in regulatory audits and risk assessments.
- Drive and implement new and current projects related to the RFP Department.
- Investigate, prepare and submit suspicious transactions reports to senior management and MLRO for review.
- Analyse data to identify fraud trends and provide reporting to the management team.
Skills & Experience Required
Send your CV over and we can discuss this opportunity in more details
- 5 years’ experience in a similar, senior role within the Igaming.
- Strong knowledge of gambling compliance including RG, AML and KYC.
- knowledge in the African market
- Possess good communication and negotiation skills.
- Broad knowledge of the payments and fraud landscape.
- Good understanding of 3rd party Fraud, Risk and Compliance systems.
- Excellent verbal and written English skills.
- Strong relationship and stakeholder management skills.
- Able to handle pressure and can work independently.
- Experience in leading, managing or creating teams.