A new mobile point of sale platform and payment aggregator is looking for an intelligent, ambitious Head of Engineering. A first rate problem-solver and problem-finder; with the desire to build the future of one of London's brightest fintech startups.
To be successful in this role, you should have previous experience leading engineering teams to build secure, resilient, and scalable REST based platform solutions. You’ll have a passion for great UX & UI and be used to centering your thoughts around rapid delivery of high-quality features for users. You will have defined solution and software architectures, evolving them to meet internal and external requirements. You will also preferably have previously worked as a software engineer with experience in mobile app development, backend system development, and cloud deployment using Docker and Kubernetes.
This position will give you the exciting opportunity to work closely with the experienced C-level officers whilst executing on the company’s vision. You will work closely with the CTO. You will have the opportunity to shape and lead a growing, diverse engineering team in the UK, collaborating with teams abroad. An ideal candidate will be motivated, results-driven, and enjoy working in a team environment. You embody the image of a great engineer and are motivated to mentor and invest in your team members.
- Take day-to-day responsibility for technical delivery across the engineering team.
- Collaborating with the product team to cultivate secure and efficient platform services.
- Architecting all modules of our core systems: the backend systems, the APIs, and the tools/technologies that keep everything humming.
- Overseeing day-to-day engineering of the platform by the front and back-end engineering teams, ensuring scalability and modularity is at the center of all components..
- Overseeing quality assurance and QA processes, ensuring that everyone across engineering sees solution quality as their responsibility.
- Promoting continuous improvement across the end-to-end solution.
- Supporting end-to-end team coding, along with automated testing and deployment.
- Providing the ultimate role model for engineering team members, mentoring, and coaching to improve the overall capability of the team and products.
- Overseeing sprint planning with the CTO and product team, committing to timely execution of features, and prioritising within sprints where necessary.
- Collaborating with other senior members of staff to demonstrate test builds of a given feature.
- Maintaining an in-depth view of low-level engineering across technology.
- Assisting the CTO with engineering information required for their exposure to the business.
- Ensuring the construction and shipping of a world-class product, achieving a high standard of quality in the process.
- Championing security, scalability, and resilience throughout the organisation.
- Assisting the CTO with managing team performance and professional development of all UK engineering staff.
- You have experience leading engineering in dynamic, fast moving, ambiguous, and entrepreneurial environments.
- You have the ability to rally a diverse and sophisticated team around a single vision through articulate, clear, and inspirational communication.
- You have experience in designing, building and operating secure, scalable, and resilient mobile first solutions and platforms
- You are committed to agile development, working in sprints to achieve the best results.
- You have experience in finding and solving problems independently, referring solutions where required to wider stakeholders.
- You are an overachiever who has a strong orientation for results beyond just great ideas.
- You have entrepreneurial DNA: flexible to changes, eager to learn, proactive to act, resilient to failure, and persistent in making impact.
Apply with your CV and I'll get in touch soon!